One of the biggest mistakes that I see when coaching Conscious Entrepreneurs is they go for the safe, surface message.
It’s not completely your fault, you know. You’ve been trained to fit in, to morph, to conform to systems and standards. If you made it out of your home, or through the educational system, with a sense of your brilliance and unique essence it’s a rare feat and you are to be congratulated. You are one of the exceptions.
But what if you have a message burning inside of you, seeking expression, and you’re not quite sure how to bring it into being, let alone articulate it. Well, the articulation of your message is the platform – the solid launching pad – from where you’ll dive off into the exploration of your work.
If you’re not sure what that is yet, here are a few places to explore and excavate your unique treasures:
1. Identify the problems that would move you into action. What movement could you stand behind?
What causes would you take action on: write a letter to your congressman, collect signatures, etc. Why do you care? If you could solve the ‘problem,’ what would you do? These could be social issues (like domestic violence, hunger or education) or they could be environmental, spiritual or political issues. Explore the causes that tap your passion enough to move you into action.
2. Explore what drives you crazy in your industry. Think of the labels that you might put on as you do your ‘work.’ It might be author, energy worker, coach, consultant, etc. Consider where your industry falls short. Where are coaches missing the mark? How could consultants create more powerful results for their clients? Notice the things that drive you nuts and how you would do it differently. Michel Neray of The Essential Message is where I first heard, “What Drives You Crazy Makes You Great! I couldn’t agree more.
3. Email 10 friends or colleagues and have them share what you’re brilliant at. I know this can really press some buttons for folks, but asking is one of the most precious skills in your business. If you don’t ask, you won’t receive – whether it’s feedback on an idea or income for your products and services. Besides, your greatness is something that is so natural to you that you won’t easily identify it as such. For most of us, it’s something that’s reflected back to us.
4. Identify the tribe that elicits your brilliance. Let’s face it, there are certain environments and certain people that just tap the best in you. Take some time to explore who they are. Who inspires you, sparks you up, and excites you? Remember circumstances when just being in the company of these people energized you. You stayed up later than you normally did, your food got cold because the conversation was so compelling. What if these were the folks that were your clients and colleagues? Every day would be a glorious adventure!
5. Get expert coaching on your authentic message. Experiencing breakthroughs and gaining clarity are the hallmarks of great coaching relationships. If you want to fast track your progress a mentor that gets your brilliance and helps you articulate it is priceless.
Your Authentic Message is the fuel that powers up your business. It’s the thing that will see you through the constant evolution of you and your work. It’s the inner resource that will never quit. Don’t you think it’s time you opened to the passion that powers your being and played full out?